Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dental Fears

I hate going to the dentist. I know you are supposed to, and it's a healthy thing to do, especially if I want to keep my teeth. It doesn't matter what anyone says to me. I hate the dentist. Sorry to those who make a living looking at peoples teeth, but it's just not my thing. I think the main reason I hate the dentist is the whine of the drills. The drills scare the crap out of me and make my hands sweat. Even the whine on the gadget they use to clean teeth makes me uncomfortable. I appreciate the television that sits above my head, but when it only plays muted soap operas I think more about it falling on my head to put me out of the misery of having someones hands in my mouth then actually enjoying the show.

Anyway, get to the point right? 



A new device is in development by a team at King's College Dental Institute that will be able to block out the high pitched whine of dentist drills. The device is a headset with a microphone and microchip. It blocks out certain sound waves so that the sound of music or a TV can still be heard but the drill sounds are blocked.

Want to know more? I sure did. Read about it here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment