Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Biking Jacket

I have a friend that goes biking all the time. She bikes every weekend and two or three times during the week before school. Sometimes it's still dark out when she gets out to bike. I always worry about her getting hit by a car. I really want her to get a jacket like this.

This jacket is called the Sporty Supahero cycling jacket. It has LED lights built in that change if the biker is stopping or turning. The jacket includes 64 RGB LEDs incorporated into flexible, wearable circuit boards, an acceleration sensor, and a gyroscope. The sensors detect the motion of the biker. When braking the jacket glows read, and blink when turning. 


4 comments:

  1. I want this. I bet its expensive. I bet I could make a cheaper version with a battery pack, glue and some Christmas lights. Not today though ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make a DIY blog about the things I post. Hah. I could link to it.

      Delete
  2. That's so cool. If I biked, I'd buy one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who says you could only use it for biking? Wear it walking down the street. Wear it in a cool light show. Wear it in class to cheat on a test. :)

      Delete