Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tech Decline Week: Landlines and Phone Numbers

Landlines
I think the only time I talk on my house phone is when I'm hanging up on solicitors. Yes, I do hang up on them. Sorry. I just don't like to pick up the phone and have people try to sell things to me. I understand we all need to make a living someway, but I just can't take it. 

In 2010, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that 26% of homes used only wireless phones. This number will probably continue to grow over the next few years as more people do away with their land line and rely on their cell phones. 
Phone Numbers
How many usernames do you have? For Twitter? A blog? A credit card account? This may be surprising but phone numbers might someday be gone. Most of us just type in a name into our phone to call someone or to text them. With new services with Google, Facebook, and Skype, we may be asking for usernames someday instead of their ten digits. 


Oh, by the way. This is important! I don't know if you know this, but cell phone numbers have recently gone public. That means that solicitors can now call your cell phone. If you happen to be like me and don't want people calling you to sell you something in the middle of your day out, then call the number below and follow the directions.

1-888-382-1222


No comments:

Post a Comment