Monday, April 16, 2012

Tech Decline: Cameras and Camcorders

My first camera was a little plastic Polaroid camera that spit out the picture with pink and purple tabs on each side. I loved it. My mom hated it though because the film strips were so expensive. It's hard to imagine but cameras and camcorders are already starting to dwindle. 


Think about it. Do you have a camera phone? A smartphone? How often do you pull out your camera and take pictures on your phone instead of pulling out that trusty camera? Do you record videos with those smartphones? I know I do. Just this month I've taken four videos and 150 photos on my iPhone. I can't remember the last time that I used my camera.


Companies are already beginning to feel the consumer decline of camera and camcorders. Smartphones are always with us where as we usually only use our cameras and camcorders when there is an event or special occasion. 

DSLRs and micro four-thirds cameras will stay with us, but in a few years, perhaps even a decade, most of us won't own our own camera anymore. 




1 comment:

  1. Great and wide range of camera and camcorder. Different types of camera with different color. Very useful when there is an event or special occasion. Capture your enjoyable moment. Thanks for sharing.
    PC Richard

    ReplyDelete