Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Any color, any where

In middle school, I wanted to be an artist. I would draw all the time. I would come home from school with pictures on my jeans, hands, and notebooks. Sketchbooks littered my floor. My desk drawers were filled with pens, crayons, markers, and colorful pencils. It drove my mom crazy. She would tell me, "There are no jobs in art. You are too smart anyway. Be a doctor."
    It took two years, but my mom finally convinced me to give up on my dreams of becoming an artist. What she didn't destroy though was my love for pens, pencils, markers, and all things colorful. I can spend an hour looking at pens in Office Max. I spend even longer in a craft store because there are so many different pens. I know. I'm weird.

   This is called the Color Picker Pen and it was created by Jinsu Park. It's a pen that allows you to write in any color you want. All you have to do is scan the color you want with the color sensor. You can just hold the sensor up to an object you want to scan, push the button, and then write in that color. The pen mixes the right amounts of purple, blue, green and yellow to create the right color.  


This pen is only a concept at the moment, but just imagine it. Who needs a box of 120 crayons when you have a pen that can make any color? I would be the envy of ever Kindergardner in the world.

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Remember its predecessor? http://www.fourthgradenothing.com/2011/08/four-color-bic-pen-multiple-ink-colors.html

    ReplyDelete