Saturday, March 24, 2012

Braille

I started this blog wanting to post about cool inventions I find. Well, I guess it's become more than that. I've begun posting about ways that we adapt. My first post like this was about the mouse for your foot for those who can't use their hands or arms. I hope to keep posting things like this, because they are cool.  But, more than that, they show that we care about people with disabilities.

This is the DrawBraille Mobile Phone. It was designed by Sheffield Hallam University student Shikun Sun. This phone was designed for the visually impaired. It has a braille board and finger pads. The first rows is made up of braille buttons while the other side is sort of like a touchscreen. Battery life can be read by the row on the side of the phone.




Georgia Institute of Technology developed an app that brings Braille to a smartphone. It's called the Brailletouch app and consists of six-key keyboard. Typing on the keyboard is almost like using a Braille keyboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment