Thursday, May 17, 2012

Robot Tendons



The Europeans have done it again. Researches have developed a new artificial hand that uses string to work as tendons. The fingers are divided into three different groups that are each controlled by different strings which tighten and twist by the use of motors. The string tendons allow the hand to have more precise control and a greater ability to grasp objects.

My best friend is going to school to be a bio-engineer. I love sharing things like this with her. She came with me on my trip, and she was telling me about things she learned about prosthetics. I kept saying, "hey did you hear about this?" She stared at me and said no. I told her about what I learned through blogging, and she said, "Man, I need to start reading your blog." 

No comments:

Post a Comment